Air Fryer Fried Okra
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 pound okra pods, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- cooking spray
- salt to taste
- Place egg in a shallow dish and beat; gently stir in sliced okra.
- Combine cornmeal and flour in a gallon-size resealable plastic bag. Drop 5 slices of okra in the cornmeal mixture, zip the bag, and shake. Remove breaded okra to a plate. Repeat with remaining okra slices.
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place 1/2 the breaded okra slices in the basket of the air fryer and spray with cooking spray. Cook 4 minutes. Shake the basket and mist okra with cooking spray again. Cook an additional 4 minutes. Shake the basket one last time and cook for 2 minutes. Remove the okra from the basket and salt to taste.
- Repeat with remaining okra slices.