Beef Pot Pie
“This recipe has everything: beef and vegetables in a thick, savory sauce, served up with puff pastry. Nothing in the frozen food aisle comes close to this recipe!”
- 1 (17.5 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup raw porcini mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 potato, diced
- 1 pound beef tenderloin, cubed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup dry Marsala wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large skillet, cook bay leaf, oregano, onions and mushrooms in olive oil until soft. Stir in garlic, carrots, celery, potatoes, and meat.
- Cook and stir for 10 minutes, or until meat starts to brown. Pour in wine. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for 35 to 45 minutes.
- Place in pie dish, sprinkle with parsley, and cover with pastry. Brush with egg whites.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes to 1 hour.