Mashed Potato-Topped Turkey Pot Pie
“All the comfort of a pot pie topped with mashed potatoes. It’s a great way to use up extra turkey or chicken.”
- 1 pastry for a single pie crust
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups water, divided
- 2 (1.2 ounce) packages turkey gravy mix
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 4 cups mashed potatoes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Press the pie crust into the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish, then layer the turkey meat over the crust; spoon the cream of chicken soup over the turkey.
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat, and stir in the mixed vegetables; cook until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Whisk the dry gravy mix with the remaining 1 cup of water, then stir the gravy mixture into the mixed vegetables. Bring to a boil, then simmer until thickened, about 1 minute. Pour the vegetables and gravy over the cream of chicken soup layer in the pan. Spread the mashed potatoes over the top of the pie.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the filling is bubbling, about 45 minutes.