Flaming Slow Cooker Pork
“If you are not a pork fan, substitute chicken breasts! Blazing hot peppers highlight this dish! Pork tenderloin is slow cooked with hot picante sauce and canned chipotle chili peppers. Start it early in the morning for fiery pork burritos for dinner. I like to serve this with flour tortillas, black beans, shredded cheese, corn, and sour cream. This recipe can also be adjusted for spice by using different peppers or omitting the peppers completely.”
- 4 pounds pork tenderloin, cubed
- 1 (16 ounce) jar hot picante sauce
- 1 (7 ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 limes, juiced
- Put pork tenderloin into slow cooker. Pour picante sauce over the pork; add green chiles, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, and lime juice.
- Cover and cook on High until the pork is tender enough to be shredded easily with 2 forks, about 5 hours. Remove pork to a cutting board, shred, and return to sauce. Continue cooking on Low another 3 to 4 hours.