Tart Lemon Triangles
“This is a lovely conclusion to an elegant spring dinner! I garnish them with whipped cream, a strawberry fan and a sprig of mint.”
- 3/8 cup butter
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Process butter, 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar and 1 cup flour in food processor 10 seconds, or blend with pastry blender. Pat dough evenly into 9 inch round pie plate.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until golden.
- Combine eggs, white sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and 3 tablespoons flour and mix until smooth; pour mixture over hot crust.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes more, until firm. Let cool completely in baking dish. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar and cut into 12 triangles.