1 st Recipe
Hard Rock Candy
“Spicy, cinnamon flavored hard candy. Wrap pieces of it in decorative bags for perfect stocking stuffers. You can vary the flavor by substituting lemon, orange, anise, or other oils. These flavored oils can be found in candy making supply stores and drugstores.”
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3 3/4 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon oil
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- Roll the edges of two 16 inch square pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil. Sprinkle the foil very generously with confectioners’ sugar.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the white sugar, corn syrup, and water. Heat over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves. Stop stirring, and boil until a candy thermometer reads 300 to 310 degrees F (149 to 154 degrees C). Remove from heat.
- Stir in the cinnamon oil and food coloring. Pour onto the prepared foil, and allow to cool and harden. Crack into pieces, and store in an airtight container.
Hot Cinnamon Candy
- Sprinkle 18×24-inch strip of heavy duty foil with powdered sugar.
- Mix next 3 ingredients in large, heavy saucepan.
- Stir on med heat until sugar dissolves.
- Boil, without stirring to hard crack stage on candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in oil and color.
- Pour onto foil, cool.
- Break into pieces.