- 1 (24 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons water
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Melt 24 ounces chocolate chips in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring after each melting, 1 to 3 minutes. Mix cream cheese, coffee granules, and water into melted chocolate until smooth. Chill chocolate mixture until firm enough to shape, about 30 minutes.
- Shape chocolate mixture into 1-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheet. Chill truffles until firm, at least 1 to 2 hours.
- Melt 6 ounces chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring after each melting, for 1 to 3 minutes.
- Dip truffles in the melted chocolate mixture and return to the waxed paper. Set aside until firm, at least 30 minutes.