Omelet in a Bag
Recipe By:Mary Ann Lackey
“Great for holidays when there are picky eaters in the crowd. Can make as many as needed or just one if you like. Got this from an internet friend. Good served with fruit and coffee cake.”
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices ham, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped green bell pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tomato (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chunky salsa (optional)
- 2 fresh mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- Crack the eggs into a large resealable freezer bag. Press out most of the air, and seal. Shake or squeeze to beat the eggs. Open the bag, and add the ham, cheese, onion, green pepper, tomato, salsa, and mushrooms. Squeeze out as much of the air as you can, and seal the bag.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Place up to 8 bags at a time into the boiling water. Cook for exactly 13 minutes. Open the bag, and let the omelet roll out onto a plate. The omelet should roll out easily.