Shredded Beef for Tacos
“This is the easiest meal you’ll ever make. Being a mom of 8 and working I wanted to find something I can make for dinner with no effort. Start your roast in the morning before going to work it will be done when you get home. You don’t even have to defrost the roast. If it is a defrosted roast, put it in around noon, it will be done at 5pm. I’ve had so many people ask for my recipe, and this is the first time I’ve let it out of my kitchen. Serve with corn tortillas, lettuce, cheese, and any other toppings you prefer.”
- 1 (4 pound) frozen rump roast
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 (7.75 ounce) cans Mexican style hot tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons crushed garlic
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Place the frozen roast in the slow cooker. Pour the wine and Mexican style hot tomato sauce over the top. Season with garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover, and cook on Low for 9 hours. When done, the roast should shred easily with a fork. Shred the roast into the juices, and mix in the chopped green onions and cilantro.