Pickled Daikon Radish and Carrot
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 small carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 daikon radish, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Thai chile pepper, seeded and chopped
- Heat vinegar and sugar in a saucepan over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat, and refrigerate to cool. Place daikon and carrot in a glass jar with the cilantro and chile peppers. Pour the cooled vinegar mixture over, submerging the vegetables. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.