Tomato, Cucumber and Red Onion Salad with Mint
“Refreshing light summer salad.”
- 2 large cucumbers – halved lengthwise, seeded and sliced
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, toss together the cucumbers, vinegar, sugar and salt. Let stand at room temperature for an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes, onion, mint and oil to cucumbers and toss to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper.