“I hope my dad doesn’t read this as I grew up with him cooking some amazing dishes, but this recipe my friend gave me at university fast became by far my favorite and it’s easy too!”
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon crumbled dried red chile pepper
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot bean sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Stir together the honey, peppercorns, salt, soy sauce, and sherry in a large bowl; add the chicken and toss to coat.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the ginger, garlic, red chile pepper, and green onions; cook and stir until fragrant, no more than 30 seconds. Stir in the chicken and soy sauce mixture; fry another 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low, cover. Simmer until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Whisk together the bean sauce, vinegar, and sesame oil in a small bowl; pour over the chicken and stir. Turn heat to high and allow to cook 1 minute. Serve immediately.