Hunan Peppered Pork
Recipe By:Nancy Huang
“An authentic, mouth-burning but delicious Hunan recipe served by my grandmother, who was born and grew up in the heart of Hunan province.”
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, or more as needed, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 ounce fresh ginger, minced
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, sliced into thin strips, or to taste
- 3 hot long green chile peppers, sliced into thin strips, or more to taste
- salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce, or to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat until smoking; saute garlic and ginger until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add pork to wok; cook and stir until cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer pork to a plate.
- Pour remaining 2 tablespoons oil into the same wok over medium-high heat; saute chile peppers until well-coated with oil and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add pork to chile peppers and generously season with salt. Cook and stir mixture until peppers are tender, 5 to 7 minutes more. Mix enough soy sauce into pork mixture to add color and taste for desired saltiness.