Recipe By:Cathy K
“I came up with this while playing around with sangria recipes. It has now become a traditional beverage at Thanksgiving and Christmas; my family actually got upset the one time I didn’t make it!”
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 cranberry-flavored tea bags
- 4 slices fresh lemon
- 6 whole cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 (750 milliliter) bottles white wine
- 4 apples, cored and cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 2 fluid ounces apple brandy
- Place the sugar, tea bags, lemon slices, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and water into a saucepan, and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let mixture cool. Strain out and discard the spices, lemon, and tea bags.
- Pour the white wine into a large jar or covered container, and mix with the tea mixture. Stir in apples and cranberries; mix in the apple brandy. Chill in refrigerator 24 to 48 hours. Serve cold.