Cinnamon Red Hot Ice Cream
It’s creamy and full of flavor and has that little hot bite of red hot candies.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup cinnamon red hot candies
- Whisk 1 cup cream and egg yolks together in a bowl until smooth.
- Combine half-and-half, 1 cup cream, and red hot candies in a large saucepan over medium-low; cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, until candies dissolve, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour 1 cup red hot candies mixture into the cream-egg mixture; whisk until mixture is evenly combined. Pour cream-egg mixture into red hot candies mixture in the saucepan. Cook and stir until a film forms on the back of a spoon when dipped into the mixture, keeping just under a boil, about 5 minutes.
- Pour red hot candies mixture through a sieve into a bowl to collect any undissolved candies. Cover the bowl with a clean towel and cool to room temperature. Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Pour red hot candies mixture into an ice cream maker and process according to manufacturers’ instructions.