Marinated Tofu Salad with Capers
“This fresh and satisfying vegetarian salad keeps well and never fails to please. Wholesome, delicious, and company-worthy. A very pretty salad that can be made up in a hurry. Makes great leftovers and improves with longer marination. If marinated tofu is stored separately, this makes a fantastic and filling boxed lunch choice. Try adding a can of drained, flaked white tuna for variety.”
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (12 ounce) package firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 head leafy dark green lettuce – torn, washed, and spun dry
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced for garnish (or as preferred)
- Whisk olive oil, vinegar, salt, basil, pepper, and oregano together in a bowl.
- Put tofu cubes in a large bowl. Pour marinade over tofu; add capers. Marinate tofu, stirring occasionally, for at least 10 minutes.
- Combine lettuce and tomatoes in a separate large bowl. Pour tofu mixture over lettuce and toss. Garnish with red onion.