Recipe By:John and Karen K.
“Very simple, tasty dinner over egg noodles. Can also be made in a slow cooker. Serve over egg noodles and top with sour cream if desired.”
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 2 pounds cubed beef stew meat
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup steak sauce (such as Heinz 57(R))
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- Melt shortening in a large pot over medium heat. Cook beef in hot shortening until completely browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir onion, garlic, paprika, salt, and pepper into the beef; cook and stir 5 minutes more.
- Pour water and steak sauce into the pot; stir until beef mixture is evenly coated. Bring the mixture to a simmer, reduce heat to low, and cook until the beef is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Whisk flour into the water in a small bowl; stir into the beef mixture. Continue simmering stew until slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.