Slow Cooker Cheese Steaks
“This cheese steak recipe is not only very tasty, but it is very easy to make using a slow cooker. Enjoy!”
- 2 pounds beef tri tip steak
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 12 slices white American cheese
- 6 French or Italian sandwich rolls, split
- Place beef in the slow cooker crock. Pour beef stock, vinegar, and Worcestershire over beef. Cook on Low until beef is cooked to medium, 3-4 hours. Remove cooked beef from broth and set aside. Reserve broth.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook mushrooms in oil until they begin to soften; add onion and green pepper. Cook and stir until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Slice beef thinly. Divide beef and vegetables evenly among the rolls. Top each sandwich with 2 slices cheese; wrap in foil.
- Place sandwiches in preheated oven and heat until cheese is melted; about 10 minutes. Serve hot sandwiches with reserved beef broth, if desired.