Armenian Rice Pilaf
“This is a staple of Armenian homes and is always a favorite with everyone. Very easy to prepare and delicious with any meal, especially poultry. I serve this rice with breaded, baked chicken quarters.”
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked fine egg noodles
- 3 cups uncooked long grain white rice
- 5 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 4 cubes chicken bouillon
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the egg noodles and stir until they begin to brown, being careful not to burn the butter. Stir in the rice. Continue stirring until rice is coated with butter.
- Pour in the chicken broth and add the bouillon cubes. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and cover tightly. Cook without uncovering pot until all the liquid has been absorbed, about 20 minutes.