Santa Fe Tuna Carpaccio
“This is a recipe I had made after coming back from Cabo San Lucas. It’s a light and refreshing appetizer that you can’t get enough of.”
- 1 (1 pound) loaf French bread
- 10 ounces ahi (yellowfin) tuna, sushi-grade – sliced 1 inch long and 1/8 inch thick
- 1/4 cup onion, cut into 1/8-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 3 ounces olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Slice the French bread 1/4 inch thick, and set aside.
- Place the tuna slices in a single layer in a flat nonreactive dish. Sprinkle the tuna with onion and capers; drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice. Sprinkle with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Serve slices of tuna on sliced French bread.