Santa Fe Chicken Salad
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Italian-style salad dressing
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 head romaine lettuce, rinsed and dried
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar and Monterey cheese blend
- 5 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup ranch-style salad dressing
- 1/2 cup salsa
- In a gallon size plastic bag or 9×9 baking dish, mix together the mayonnaise and Italian dressing. Place chicken in mixture and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Chop, wash, and dry the iceberg and romaine lettuce. Mix and divide among four dinner-size plates. Divide and place the tomato and green onions among the plates. Sprinkle the top of each salad with shredded cheese.
- Remove chicken from marinade and grill or broil until cooked. While chicken is cooking, cut tortillas into three thick strips and cut each strip into ‘matchsticks’. Place on a cookie sheet and put under broiler until golden brown. Let cool. Cut the chicken into strips and divide among plates. Top with tortilla ‘crispies’.
- To prepare the dressing, combine the salsa and ranch dressing in a blender and mix until smooth. Pour over each salad.