Praline Sweet Potatoes
“The best sweet potatoes you will ever eat!”
- 4 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 pint heavy cream
- 1/4 pound butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans
- Butter one 2 quart casserole dish. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, sugar, vanilla extract, eggs and cream. Blend well, and spread evenly in casserole dish.
- Prepare the topping by combining the butter, brown sugar, flour and pecans. Mix until crumbly, and sprinkle over sweet potato mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven.