Prepared Yellow Mustard
“Make your own prepared yellow mustard. It is so simple, and it is much healthier to eat!”
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup mustard powder
- 3 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon quick-mixing flour (such as Wondra(R))
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 pinch paprika
- Combine water, mustard powder, vinegar, flour, 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon salt, turmeric, garlic powder, and paprika in a small saucepan over medium heat; whisk until smooth. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring often, until mustard is thickened, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat; leave uncovered for 1 minute. Cover saucepan with a lid until cooled to room temperature; refrigerate until chilled.