Gratin Dauphinois de Solange
“Gratin Dauphinois is the perfect accompaniment to a roast or roast beef.”
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 1/4 cups freshly grated Comte cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Rub the cut sides of the garlic over the bottom and sides of an 8-inch baking dish.
- Spread a layer of potato slices in the bottom of dish. Pour in a third of the heavy cream; sprinkle a third of the Comte cheese on top. Season with salt and black pepper. Repeat layers twice more, ending with layers of heavy cream and Comte cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until potatoes are tender and cheese is golden brown, about 1 hour.