Creme Anglaise Sauce
Recipe By:Chef John
“Rich and creamy creme Anglaise is perfect drizzled over fresh fruit, pound cake, or other desserts.”
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon brandy-based orange liqueur (such as Grand Marnier(R))
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk egg yolks, cream, sugar, brandy-based orange liqueur, and vanilla extract in a small saucepan until smooth.
- Place saucepan over medium-low heat and cook, stirring constantly with a rubber spatula scraping the bottom, until the mixture is hot and thickens slightly, and a thermometer reaches 180 degrees F (82 degrees C), 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, strain to remove any over-cooked particles of egg, and allow cool.