Vietnamese-Style Shrimp Soup
“Quick and tastes like a authentic vietnamese soup 🙂 Before throwing anything into the pot, make sure all your ingredients are prepped- this soup is really quick cooking!”
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 1 cup shrimp stock
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce (optional)
- 20 peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1 (6.75 ounce) package long rice noodles (rice vermicelli)
- 2 green onions, chopped (optional)
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the garlic and ginger; cook and stir 1 minute. Add the spinach and season with salt and pepper. Cover, and cook until the spinach is hot, about 3 minutes. Pour in the chicken stock, shrimp stock, hot pepper sauce, and hoisin sauce. Recover, and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Once the soup reaches a simmer, stir in the shrimp and noodles. Cover, and cook 4 minutes, then stir in the green onions, and cook 5 minutes more. Season to taste with salt and pepper before serving.