Sliwkowka Czyli Nalewka ze Sliwek (Polish Purple Plum Liqueur)
“Delicious homemade plum liqueur. It needs 6 months to develop but after that you can enjoy it poured over ice cream or sponge cakes. Try dipping the plums from the liqueur into melted chocolate. Delicious!”
- 2 pounds plums, pitted and sliced
- 2 cups pure rectified alcohol (190 proof)
- 2 tablespoons pure rectified alcohol (190 proof)
- 2 cups vodka
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- Place plums in a glass carboy used for brewing. Pour in 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons rectified alcohol and 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons vodka. Seal and store in a cool, dark place for 5 weeks.
- Stir sugar into the carboy. Seal and store in a cool, dark place for 4 weeks.
- Strain liqueur through a sieve lined with muslin cloth. Pour liqueur into bottles, seal, and store in a cool, dark place for at least 3 months before using.