Cherry Pepper Poppers
“Fresh Hot cherry peppers stuffed with prosciutto and provolone cheese then soaked in olive oil.”
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 12 fresh cherry peppers
- 6 ounces sharp provolone cheese, cubed
- 6 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Slice the tops off of the cherry peppers and carefully remove the seeds, keeping peppers whole. Wrap a cube of cheese with prosciutto, and stuff into a pepper. If there is still room inside the pepper, stuff in more prosciutto. Repeat with remaining peppers.
- Place all of the stuffed peppers into a 1 quart jar – or one that your peppers will all fit into, and sprinkle salt over them. Pour in enough olive oil to cover the peppers. Cover, and let stand for 1 hour before eating. Refrigerate leftovers.