Baked Crab and Artichoke Dip
Recipe By:Chef John
“This baked crab and artichoke dip is made and served in a bread bowl that you can eat too!”
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke bottoms, drained and chopped
- 6 ounces shredded white Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 round loaf sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons shredded white Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Combine cream cheese, crab meat, artichoke bottoms, 6 ounces Cheddar cheese, red bell pepper, green onions, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, lemon zest and juice, tarragon, Worcestershire sauce, and cayenne pepper in a large bowl; season with salt and black pepper.
- Cut the top 1/3 off the loaf of sourdough bread and discard. Remove the bread filling and discard, leaving just the crust. Place in the prepared baking dish.
- Transfer artichoke mixture to the prepared bread bowl; top with 2 tablespoons Cheddar cheese and cayenne pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven until dip is warmed and top is golden brown, about 30 minutes.