Balsamic Marinated Flank Steak
“Beef flank steak is marinated in a balsamic vinegar, herb, and mustard mixture then cooked to your preferred doneness on the grill.”
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) beef flank steak
- Salt and black pepper
- Balsamic Marinade:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 16 to 21 minutes) for medium rare (145 degrees F) to medium (160 degrees F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Season steak with salt and pepper, as desired. Carve steak crosswise into thin slices.