Recipe By:Capri Primerano
“A Halloween treat to serve at any Halloween party! You can use guacamole instead of salsa if desired.”
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 8 tea bags
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup salsa
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 15 minutes. Drain hot water and fill saucepan with cold water; allow eggs to sit until cooled, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain water. Gently tap or roll eggs on the counter so the shell is cracked but still intact.
- Return eggs to saucepan and pour in enough water to cover eggs; add soy sauce, molasses, salt, and tea bags. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until eggs have absorbed color, about 30 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and leave eggs in water to cool to room temperature.
- Peel eggs and trim bottom of each egg so it will stand upright. Cut each egg lengthwise and scoop yolks into a bowl. Mix mayonnaise, red bell pepper, salt, and pepper into egg yolks until evenly combined.
- Spoon yolk mixture back into egg whites; smooth filling to be level with egg white. Put each egg back together.
- Pour salsa onto a plate and assemble eggs upright into the salsa.