“Boiled eggs wrapped with a seasoned sausage meat. A meal that goes over great at a party or with a salad for a light dinner.”
- 1 pound pork sausage meat
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 quart oil for deep frying
- In a medium bowl, mix together the pork sausage and Worcestershire sauce. Combine the flour, salt and pepper; mix into the sausage.
- Divide the sausage into four equal parts. Mold each part around one of the hard-cooked eggs, rolling between your hands to shape. Place the beaten egg and bread crumbs into separate dishes. Dip the balls into the egg, then roll in the bread crumbs until coated. Shake off any excess.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or deep fryer to 365 degrees F (180 degrees C), or until a cube of bread dropped into the oil turns brown in 1 minute. Lower the eggs carefully into the hot oil. Fry for 5 minutes, or until deep golden brown.