Watermelon Basil Salad
Recipe By: Chefthompson
“A quick salad of watermelon and basil. The chili powder plays well with the sweetness of the melon.”
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 4 cups 1/2-inch cubes watermelon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Stack basil leaves on top of each other and roll tightly into a log. Slice lengthwise into thin ribbons.
- Combine basil slices and watermelon in a large bowl. Drizzle lemon juice over watermelon.
- Mix salt and chili powder together in a small bowl; sprinkle over watermelon and toss to combine. Chill salad before serving, at least 30 minutes.