Slow Cooker Italian Moose Roast Sandwiches
Recipe By:Amy C.
“Living in Alaska, we harvest a moose every year. This is one of our favorites. It serves a lot so it’s good when you want an economical dish for a crowd. Making this is a snap!”
- 1 (4 pound) moose roast
- 10 cloves garlic
- 10 cubes beef bouillon
- 1 (16 ounce) jar sliced pepperoncini peppers, with liquid
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian salad dressing mix
- 12 (6 inch) hard-crusted French rolls
- Cut 20 small, deep slits all over the roast; stuff the slits with garlic and bouillon cubes, and place into a slow cooker. Drain half of the liquid from the peppers, then pour the remaining peppers and liquid over the roast. Season with Worcestershire sauce, and sprinkle the Italian dressing mix overtop.
- Cook on Low for 10 to 12 hours until the meat can easily be pulled apart. Shred the meat finely, and serve mounded on French rolls; dip into juices if desired.