Recipe By:Jason Poche
“This is a quick and very good Cajun dish that was given to me by my mother.”
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound peeled crawfish
- 3 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- In an 8 quart stock pot over medium heat, add vegetable oil and margarine. Saute onions, green pepper and garlic until onions are translucent.
- Add crawfish to the onion mixture, and cook for 5 minutes. Add a little water to keep crawfish moist while cooking.
- Stir in soup and diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes. Sprinkle in parsley after about 10 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste while simmering. Water can be added to thin as desired.