Cambodian Ginger Catfish
Recipe By:Lynda Q
“A peppery, kicky, Cambodian fish dish that you’ll love at first bite.”
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound peeled, matchstick-cut fresh ginger
- 4 (4 ounce) catfish fillets
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1/4 red bell pepper, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1/2 bunch green onions, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir ginger in the hot oil until slightly softened and brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Add catfish fillets; cook until firm, about 3 minutes per side. Remove fillets from the skillet to a plate and set aside.
- Stir fish sauce, soy sauce, and oyster sauce together in the skillet. Add onion and red bell pepper; cook and stir until softened, about 4 minutes. Return catfish fillets to the skillet and spoon sauce and vegetables over the fillets. Continue cooking until the flesh of the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 3 minutes more. Garnish with green onions to serve.