Rabbit Italian Style
“We have this usually on Easter.”
- 1 (2 pound) rabbit, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 pound salt pork
- 1 (750 milliliter) bottle sweet sherry
- In a Dutch oven, cook salt pork over medium heat until fat melts. Cook rabbit in hot fat until well browned on all sides.
- Pour in enough sherry to cover meat. Simmer until sherry is absorbed for the most part and meat is very tender.
- Pour in remaining sherry, and simmer for just a few minutes (leave enough liquid in the pan for sauce).