Recipe By:G. Crandall
“Swedish thumbprint cookies.”
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup any flavor fruit jam
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add sifted flour, and mix well. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place on cookie sheets. Imprint your thumb in the center to make a 1/2-inch indentation. Fill with your favorite preserves.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown at the edges.