Gorgonzola Stuffed Chicken Breasts Wrapped in Bacon
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 thick slices of applewood smoked bacon
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray an 8×8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a slit into the thick side of each chicken breast about 2 inches long and 1 1/2 inches deep.
- Mash together the Gorgonzola cheese, parsley, shallot, and garlic in a small bowl; season with salt and black pepper. Divide the filling in half, and stuff each chicken breast with cheese filling. Wrap 2 slices of bacon around each breast, and secure with wooden toothpicks. Place the chicken breasts into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the bacon is browned and the chicken is no longer pink inside, about 35 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of a breast should read about 165 degrees F (75 degrees C).