Easy Chicken Korma
Not too spicy, but lots of flavor. If you have ever wanted to try Indian food, this is a good one to start with. Serve over hot rice.”
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 6 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chile powder
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook onions in oil until soft.
- Place onion, yogurt, mango chutney, garlic, turmeric, chili powder, garam masala, and into the bowl of a food processor. Process into a smooth sauce; it should be about the consistency of thick cream. Add a bit of water or yogurt to thin it if needed. Spread chicken into prepared baking dish, and pour the onion sauce over the chicken.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle sliced almonds over the top, and serve.