- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – pounded flat
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons prepared basil pesto
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil ( prefer bacon grease or lard)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Lay a chicken breast out flat, and sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Spread pesto sauce over the chicken breast, and roll the chicken breast in a slice of bacon, securing the roll with toothpicks. Lay the rolled chicken breast into a 9×9-inch baking dish. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts. Pour the vegetable oil over the chicken breasts.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is no longer pink inside and the bacon is crisp, about 30 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of a roll should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).