How to make arrowroot pudding:
A simple pudding which at one time would have probably been reserved for children and invalids, being considered easily digested. In texture it is a little similar to blancmange and is well worth trying.
2 tablespoons arrowroot
1 1/2 pints milk
1 tablespoon sugar
1 heaped teaspoon butter
(see measure conversions for more information)
– Mix the arrowroot to a smooth paste with a little of the milk.
– Put the rest or the milk into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
– Pour the hot milk onto the arrowroot.
– Stir and add the butter.
– Pour into a well buttered, oven-proof dish.
– Sprinkle grated nutmeg over the pudding.
– Bake for 1-1 1/4 hours at 180 degrees centigrade (see temperature conversions).