Crab Stuffed Flounder
“This is an easy recipe that my children have enjoyed. They’re not big fish eaters either!”
- 1 1/2 pounds flounder fillets
- 1 cup crabmeat – drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ground white pepper, to taste
- 3 crushed saltine crackers
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg yolk
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Rinse the fillets and pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine crab meat, green pepper, mustard powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt, white pepper and the crushed saltines. Combine the egg white and 1 tablespoon mayonnaise. Stir this into the crab meat mixture.
- Brush the flounder fillets with melted butter. Place in a lightly greased, shallow baking dish. Spoon the crab mixture over the fillets and drizzle with any remaining butter.
- Bake the fillets at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- While the fish is baking, lightly beat the egg yolk in a small bowl. Stir in 5 tablespoons of mayonnaise. Remove fish from oven and spread this mixture over the stuffing; sprinkle with paprika and parsley.
- Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees and bake until golden and bubbly, about 6 minutes.