|TRADITIONAL STEAK DIANE|
Beef tenderloin steaks (4 – 4 oz.)
2 tbsp. shallots, minced
1 oz. mushroom medallions
1/4 tsp. powdered garlic
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. thyme
2 oz. cream
1 tbsp. chopped parsley
1 1/2 oz. clarified butter
Dash Worcestershire sauce
1. In saute pan heat butter and dash of Worcestershire sauce.2. Place fillets, shallots and mushrooms in pan, add garlic, saute.
3. Place lemon in cheesecloth and squeeze juice over steaks. Salt and pepper.
4. Season shallots and mushrooms with mustard and thyme combined. Add chopped parsley.
5. Turn steaks and saute to desired doneness.
6. Add cream (room temperature) and stir until thick.
7. Add brandy and flame.
8. Portion onto plate, add sauce, garnish.