- 8 cups Chicken Stock or fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 2 (4-ounce) skinless, bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 (12-ounce) skinless, bone-in chicken breast half
- 2 cups diagonally sliced carrot
- 2 cups diagonally sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 ounces uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Celery leaves (optional)
How to Make It
Combine the first 3 ingredients in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes. Remove chicken from pan; let stand for 10 minutes. Remove chicken from bones; shred meat into bite-sized pieces. Discard bones.
Add carrot, celery, and onion to pan; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add noodles, and simmer 6 minutes. Add chicken, salt, and black pepper; cook for 2 minutes or until noodles are done. Garnish with celery leaves, if desired.