Grilled Shrimp Fajitas
- Prep Time 30 min
- Total Time 50 min
- Servings 6
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 medium cloves garlic, crushed
- Pinch ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 lb uncooked deveined peeled medium shrimp, thawed if frozen, tail shells removed
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cut into strips (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium red onion, sliced (about 2 cups)
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 6 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (8 inch; from 11-oz package)
- 1 1/2 cups refrigerated guacamole (from 14-oz package)
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In 1-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix marinade ingredients until well blended. Add shrimp; toss to coat. Cover; refrigerate 20 minutes to marinate, turning once. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, place bell peppers and onion; spray with cooking spray. Place vegetables in grill basket (grill “wok”). Wrap tortillas in foil; set aside.
- Place basket on grill rack over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 10 minutes, turning vegetables once.
- Drain shrimp; discard marinade. Add shrimp to grill basket. Cover grill; cook 5 to 7 minutes longer, turning shrimp and vegetables once, until shrimp are pink. Place wrapped tortillas on grill. Cook 2 minutes, turning once, until warm.
- On serving platter, place shrimp and vegetables; cover to keep warm. Place warmed tortillas on plate; place guacamole in serving bowl. For each serving, top tortilla with shrimp, vegetables and guacamole; fold tortilla over filling.
Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories from Fat
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- 2 1/2g
- Trans Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber
% Daily Value*:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1/2 Fat;