Lemon Pudding Dessert Recipe
After a big meal, folks really go for this light lemon treat. The shortbread crust is the perfect base for the fluffy top layers. I’ve prepared this sunny dessert for church suppers for years and I always get recipe requests. —Muriel DeWitt, Maynard, Massachusetts
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3 cups cold whole milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cut butter into flour until crumbly. Press into an ungreased 13×9-in. baking dish. Bake until light brown, 18-22 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread over cooled crust.
- 3. Beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Carefully spread over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Yield: 16 servings.
1 piece: 348 calories, 20g fat (13g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 305mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC