Classic Sugar Cookies
- Prep Time 60 min
- Total Time 3 hr 10 min
- Servings 60
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Granulated sugar or colored sugar
- Mix powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, almond extract and egg in large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients except granulated sugar. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 375ºF. Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- Divide dough in half. Roll each half 1/4 inch thick on lightly floured surface. Cut into desired shapes with 2- to 2 1/2-inch cookie cutters. Sprinkle with granulated sugar. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.
Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.