Classic Beef Stroganoff
- Prep Time 20 min
- Total Time 38 min
- Servings 6
- 1 1/2 pounds beef sirloin steak, 1/2 inch thick
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced (2 1/2 cups)
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups Progresso™ beef flavored broth (from 32-ounce carton)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 3 cups hot cooked egg noodles
- Cut beef across grain into about 1 1/2×1/2-inch strips.
- Cook mushrooms, onions and garlic in butter in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender; remove from skillet.
- Cook beef in same skillet until brown. Stir in 1 cup of the broth, the salt and Worcestershire sauce. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir remaining 1/2 cup broth into flour; stir into beef mixture. Add onion mixture; heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in sour cream; heat until hot (do not boil). Serve over noodles.
Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories from Fat
- Total Fat
- 23 g
- Saturated Fat
- 10 g
- 115 mg
- 620 mg
- 560 mg
- Total Carbohydrate
- 31 g
- Dietary Fiber
- 2 g
- 28 g
% Daily Value*:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
2 Starch; 3 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.