Slow-Cooker Country French Beef Stew
- Prep Time 25 min
- Total Time 7 hr 55 min
- Servings 12
- slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- boneless beef chuck roast (3 lb), trimmed of fat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- large onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- cups ready-to-serve baby-cut carrots
- cup red Zinfandel wine or nonalcoholic red wine
- cup Progresso™ beef flavored broth (from 32-oz carton)
- tablespoons Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- teaspoon dried basil leaves
- teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon pepper
- can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- package (8 oz) sliced fresh mushrooms (3 cups)
- cup julienne-cut sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- Hot cooked egg noodles, if desired
- Chopped fresh parsley or basil leaves, if desired
- Spray 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp. Place bacon in cooker. Discard all but 1 tablespoon bacon fat in skillet. Cook beef in bacon fat 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown. Stir onion into beef. Cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Spoon mixture into cooker.
- Stir carrots, wine, broth, flour, basil, thyme, salt, pepper and canned diced tomatoes into mixture in cooker.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 7 to 8 hours.
- Stir in mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 20 to 30 minutes longer or until sun-dried tomatoes are tender. Serve beef mixture over noodles; sprinkle with parsley.
Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories from Fat
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber
% Daily Value*:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.